Building Trust in AI Systems
Guest: Jane Pinelis
A new movie called “The Creator” paints a vivid picture of humanity at war with AI in a dystopian future. Although the movie is science fiction, it highlights a major issue: How can we reliably assess and verify the trustworthiness of the AI system in highly volatile situations such as warfare, or for that matter, anything else. Please join us for a conversation with Dr. Jane Pinelis, Chief AI Engineer in the Applied Information Sciences Branch at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory to discuss AI assurance – an approach to testing and evaluation of AI enabled systems to ensure trust across a diverse ecosystem.
Hosted by: Alexa Raad and Leslie Daigle.
- US colonel retracts comments on simulated drone attack ‘thought experiment’
- Blogpost: Highlights from the RAES Future Combat Air & Space Capabilities
- The need for effective AI Assurance
- Assurance of AI and Autonomous Systems: a Dstl biscuit book
- DoD Adopts Ethical Principles for Artificial Intelligence